Best Anti-aging Serums For All Skin Types
Mid-life crisis? Woke up in the morning and saw your first white hair or wrinkle? That was just me.. it happens to most of us, and to top it all, our skin starts to get stretchy and loose as time goes on. While we cannot stop you from aging (I wish we could), we can help or prevent prominent signs of aging as I got down to studying where I could find this famous fountain of youth. Sometimes our skin can give away our age at first glance, so you must keep your face (and soul) young. Diet and exercise can definitely be a great help in doing that, but you need an extra boost to aid the process of making your skin look fresh and healthy all the time. This is where serums step in, anti-aging serums are the most crucial part of your beauty regime, according to many dermatologists. You may have come across people who think serums are just another way to trick people into spending money, but the truth is, it actually works. Don't trust word of mouth but try it yourself. I can guarantee you it will be worth every penny you spend. Since I have personally tried and tested, I can vouch for it. At the same time, there are a few things you should keep in mind about serums:
- Quality over quantity: people generally find serums expensive to buy, and so they compromise over quality and prefer to get more serums for the same amount. This is where you are wrong, low-quality serums may make things worse for you and cause irritation or an allergic reaction, so when it comes to your skin you need to be very careful with what you're applying. A good serum is a long-term investment you’re making on your skin's health!
- Look at the ingredients: every person's skin issues differ from others, and that is why there are a hundred different types of serums in the market that you can choose from. You need to see what your skin lacks and then decide which serum to buy. For example, if your skin is dry and damaged, look for serums that contain hyaluronic acid. It provides protection against UV rays and other chemicals in our environment that poses a threat to our skin.
- Use sunscreen: While anti-aging serums will help you to get rid of those wrinkles and fine lines, it cannot be 100% successful in doing that unless you regularly use sunscreen. It should be in your bag all the time, and you should apply it even if you head out for a five-minute coffee break! Burnt skin with patches is way harder to get it back to normal. Sunscreen, together with anti-aging serums, will make things way easier.
- Pat on serums: Serums contain a high volume of strong, active ingredients, so do not rub it on your skin as it may over-exfoliate your skin or trigger a reaction. Instead, gently pat it with the tip of your hands or a piece of cotton to allow it to penetrate your pores slowly and then go to sleep.
- Don’t hoard!: people see the hype around something and dive right into it; well, it is not advised for serums. One or two serums would do for someone who has just started using it as it gives your skin time to adjust to the new product, and you can see the results first and then try other serums.
The best anti-aging serums are hard to find these days when literally every skincare company are producing them but don’t worry, we have compiled a list for you to choose from:
This is our best pick for anti-aging vitamin C serum - the vitamin helps in melanin production, drastically reducing hyperpigmentation and brown spots. Take 2-3 drops into your palm and pat it evenly across the face. You can also add it to your moisturizer for improved results and make sure to exfoliate your skin a little prior to applying the serum.
This one is perfect for expression lines on your face, including frown lines and crow's feet. It contains peptides 8 & 6, which remarkably eases the forehead creases you have got from constantly worrying and those squinting creases around the eyes. Not just that, it has Exo-polysaccharides E-2 and E-14 as its ingredients that help with nasogenian folds and plumping your skin. Massage a small amount of this serum on the affected areas (creases and lines), and leave it be. It is one of the best anti-aging night serums, so let it stay overnight.
This serum by Yonka is exceptional at cellular reproduction, a process that helps with replacing dead cells with new, active ones that make your skin seem way smoother. On top of that, it aids collagen production, a family of proteins that keeps your skin tight and firm. As you grow older, your body produces less and less collagen, so this serum could maintain your skin. For all those out there with super vulnerable skin, this is the best anti-aging serum for sensitive skin - no rashes, no acne outbreak, and/or allergic reaction.
For those on the lookout for the best 50’s anti-aging serum, go for this one. One of the best things about it is that it contains plenty of vitamin A, leading to more significant retinol amounts in the skin. Retinol does wonders for your face; it regulates the oils in your skin, prevents breakouts, and evens out your complexion, which was previously full of age spots and fine lines. This creamy gel keeps your hydration levels in check too!
Place it on your bedside table for easy access so you don't skip out on it or make it a part of your beauty regime and keep glowing inside out!